Inspired by #TheKISS between Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello, here are ways that YOU can up your makeout game... in much the same way as the two of them did!
There’s not one right way to kiss, but there are lots of wrong moves. Your style of smooching probably varies, depending on the person and the situation. Some like deep, intense kissing, but others prefer a more gentle approach. We’ve all experienced awkward kisses before and no one wants to go through that experience more than they have to, so these tips from real people could help in your next makeout sesh.
- “Don’t ‘smash’ mouths”- Forget trying to do “movie-style slamming” and go for slow and gentle kisses.
- “Start slow”- Then build up intensity along the way.
- “Use your tongue well”- For one kissing pro that means “very lightly, barely touching, move your tongue across the ridges of the roof of your partner’s mouth.”
- “Suck their lower lip”- Do it gently and “it’s super hot and seems animalistic.”
- “Hold the nape of the neck”- Just use a light touch or it could be painful or awkward.
- “Nibble on the lips”- But no biting, because that could be a BIG turn off.
- “Play with their hair”- This can be romantic and hot when you’re in the heat of the moment.
- “Kiss and rub fingers up the back”- Trace your fingers up and down your partner’s back for “that chilling type of sensation to go with the steamy kiss.”
- “Follow what your partner is doing” - This should be obvious, but pay attention and take cues from your partner if you want to have a good kiss. If they’re slowly kissing with no tongue, don’t jam your tongue down their throat.